The first challenge in sourcing internet is deciding what you need. It's finding a balance between cost and performance that's so important. Because in an internet world you're going to have a lot more choice than in an MPLS world.
This advice comes from Globalinternet Chief Portfolio Officer Mike Lloyd.
Mike joined Greg on this week's WAN Manager Podcast to talk about, naturally, sourcing internet. They zero in on the biggest challenges in sourcing and the most efficient solutions Mike has seen when it comes to buying internet from ISPs around the globe.
Adding internet as part of a hybrid MPLS solution? Adding a second line for SD-WAN or local breakouts for SaaS applications? Ditching MPLS altogether? The modern WAN increasingly includes internet alongside or in place of these traditional telco services. And these two have seen it all.
From This Episode
- About Globalinternet
- Schrodinger's MPLS and Why Predicting the Future is Hard
- This is How the Average Enterprise is Managing Their Network in 2020
- WAN Pricing Mythbusters
- Wargaming Your WAN
- Get the WAN Manager Newsletter
- About the WAN Manager Survey
- Take the WAN Manager Survey (And then take this related, even shorter COVID-19 impact survey)
- About Our Sponsor: The WAN Manager Digest