With the announcement that Tata Communications will divest from the data center business, it becomes the latest carrier to indicate an exit from the colocation market. Understanding the changing colocation landscape is more important than ever. If these trends are taking you by surprise, let TeleGeography's VP of Strategy, Stephan Beckert, help to make sense of this news.
Drawing from data in TeleGeography's Colocation Database and Colocation Pricing Service, Stephan offered an analysis of the latest trends in global colocation markets at PTC (Pacific Telecommunications Council) in Honolulu, Hawaii, this past January. Watch the recording of the presentation below to hear Stephan's outlook for the industry.
In the video, Stephan covers:
- Where the largest colocation markets are and how much usable space is availble at these locations.
- The factors driving the demand for colocation services and the fastest growing markets
- The major players in the industry, where they operate and how they've been able to dominate the market
- The most important factors that drive the cost of colocation services and how these diverge geographically
- The overall outlook for the colo landscape and the possibilities of further consolidation
Stephan is TeleGeography's VP of Strategy. He is responsible for new product development and advises TeleGeography's research teams. Stephan launched TeleGeography's WAN Summit conference series.