Two years ago—when the world shut down—WAN managers had to scramble to accommodate massive changes. Offices transitioned to remote work and navigated brand new traffic patterns.
Our guest on this week's WAN Manager Podcast navigated the added challenge of running a network within the healthcare industry, where business needs were changing in real-time.
Carl Flaherty, Manager of Network Services at Main Line Health, shares his network story in our latest WAN Manager Pod.
Greg and Carl talk about pre-pandemic networking, as well as how Carl's team solved the many COVID-related problems thrown their way. This includes setting up pop-up COVID testing sites, preparing radiologists for remote work, and putting out infrastructure fires while social distancing. Buckle up.
From This Episode
- About Our Sponsor: The WAN Summit
- The Home Office Isn't Going Away. What Does That Mean for WAN Managers?
- Get the Slides: Adjusting to Your New Hybrid Workforce
- Five Network Managers, Five Network Management Stories
- Episode 215: Managing Multinational Network Modifications
- About the WAN Manager Survey
- About Our WAN Cost Benchmark
- Explore the WAN Forum
And we'd like to thank the WAN Summit for sponsoring this episode. Join upcoming summits in Düsseldorf and New York City.
Greg is Senior Manager, Enterprise Research at TeleGeography. He's spent the last decade and a half at TeleGeography developing many of our pricing products and reports about enterprise networks. He is a frequent speaker at conferences about corporate wide area networks and enterprise telecom services. He also hosts the WAN Manager Podcast.